11.11.2007

1. 5 hour car trip of extreme geekiness with the amazingly talented Shawn Crystal, Chris Schweizer (who both have titles coming out with Onipress soon which look AWESOME), and Chris Brunner (who, among a shit ton of other things, has done designs for Avatar which just blows my mind.)
2. The Great Aja hunt, assisted by Bob Pendarvis, who, along the way, also introduced me to half of Savannahs sequential department
3. Random comic house party in the ghetto! Woo! Preceded by Thai food and followed by Bubble Tea! Double Woo!
4.Heidi Arnold panel/impromptu portfolio review! Awesome!
5. SONIC ADVENTURES OM NOM NOM
6. Random portfolio review from Sanford Greene! (Who did some of the art for the Avatar trading cards that are coming out. Are we sensing a pattern?)
7. AVATAR AND ZITI PARTY! ENEMY BIRDS BEWARE!
8. Mark Schultz inking workshop! That man does just... mindblowing things with a brush pen that I know I'll never be able to do, but I now feel much more confident in experimenting with a brush *A* Also he drew a sketch for me! *A* *A* *A* SOOO PRETTY. I tried to convince him to come to Atlanta to teach. That'd be wicked awesome. Wicked.
9. Random Savannah Shopping/Eating Adventures! Savannah is huge and terrifying!
10. Panel with all of the artists, which was super awesome.
11. HEY, LETS WORK ON FINALS NOW, YEAH?
12. Surprise!Breakfast with pretty much all of the artists that attended the forum. Jeff Parker, Kaz Strzpeck, Clement Sauve, Jill Thompson, Sanford Greene, Mark Schultz, Chris Brunner, and Heidi Arnold as well as a small handful of the Sequential Professors. Being as intimidated as I am of artists, I was really really unsure of what do do with myself 8|

13. Artists in the park time! The Atlanta crew + Clement met up with John Lowe and his family in the park and Chris B. and I had swingin' fun times.
14. Returned and immediately went to work to pick up my schedule + a copy of Bombos Vs. Everything since I read it in Savannah and decided it was the greatest comic EVER.
15. ...profit? 8D;


And to make this at least a little more interesting, here's some of the work I've finished for my storyboarding final, which is about 20 advertising comps for a Harry Potter-themed product 8D Fun stuff



No comments: